Saturday, April 26, 2014

Living, learning and improving with Diigo!

Diigo in the classroom and in our lives!

Being a teacher means: research, study and learn more! I had never heard about Diigo until last week. This is a fantastic tool to use while research and study, since teachers and students can gather useful and relevant information in a wide variety of sources and media.
Why should I use Diigo in my classroom? As I read in the article “12 Reasons Teachers should use Diigo”, here are some of the main reasons:
·         Diigo provides a free, efficient, effective and reliable way to save and organise your favourite websites, online articles, blog posts, images and other media found online;
 
·         Diigo provides opportunities for students to apply higher level thinking skills while researching and gathering information;
·         Diigo provides a forum for teachers and students to discuss areas of share interest, or a particular online website or resource using the ‘topics’ function within groups;
·         Use Diigo’s advanced tools to link its power to blogs and RSS. Lists of similar websites that you have created can easily be posted onto a blog by using the ‘post to blog’ button;
·         Use Diigo tools to enhance professional reading and save time creating summaries of online posts.
At PAS teachers have many documents, folders, assessments, among others save in the computer and with this tool everybody will be able to organize themselves and all the material in a proper way. Everyone can organize all your stuff since we have lots of tools, like putting relevant information in different colors.
For me Diigo is a tool to be used more in the academic and professional field. As a professional it helps me to organize myself: sticky notes, highlight important information, save important texts/videos, share material with my students, give them tasks using Diigo; and academically I can find what I need without wasting time, I access this everywhere, people around the world use this and share all kind of material.
Yes! I have to implement this in my classroom wherever I work and in my live!

Source: http://resourcelinkbce.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/12-reasons-teachers-should-use-diigo/

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Diigo is going to help me organize my life professionally and my personally. It is a great feeling to know that I no longer need to make actual paper copies, annotate those copies and find a place to physically store them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were doing that Monique? This must be a life (and tree) saver! :) Raquel, you have collected some very focused and important points here. I like your synthesis as you appear to have collected ideas that you yourself did not find or post. That's the point! I hope you find some time to try this with kids and also grow your own professional learning network. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete